Someone should make a waves short token

it would be great if we had a token on waves dex that went up when waves went down. a perfect short token os if waves loses 5-10% like most days then it would gain the same

First:
Why would someone do this?
Also what would be the value from this token?
Because everytime waves rises it loses value…

i see you dont have much experience with capital markets. short products can help users make money in bear markets. look into the stock market etfs there are hundreds of etfs and funds you can use to profit from down markets. it would be great to be able to increase capital when waves is falling

You are thinking from selfish point, when you short, you are basically borrowing money, how would someone profit from making a token and managing AND paying the profits to the token holders when his token rises when waves dumps?
What’s the economic logically behind this, from a non selfish point.
Nothing.
Unless you start working with real lending.

Hello Sir,
Let me get a few facts straight.
Firstly: I am advanced in Java,Python,Scala,… many more languages then you apparently know since you talk about javascript.
Secondly: I run a succesfull project myself and made enough trading profits myself
Thirdly: Age doesn’t matter, but if you really want to know, yes I am an adult, but by looking at your words you clearly aren’t.
Fourthly: On this forum is no age or knowledge or skills restrictions, neither is it a trading focused forum.
And as last a definition from what actually short selling is:

What is ‘Short Selling’
Short selling is the sale of a security that is not owned by the seller or that the seller has borrowed. Short selling is motivated by the belief that a security’s price will decline, enabling it to be bought back at a lower price to make a profit. Short selling may be prompted by speculation, or by the desire to hedge the downside risk of a long position in the same security or a related one. Since the risk of loss on a short sale is theoretically infinite, short selling should only be used by experienced traders, who are familiar with the risks.

Like you can read shorting is not a token that goes up in price when another goes down, but someone lending a certain asset/property/stock/cryptocurrencie to another person who thinks it will be cheaper in the future.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but looking at your vocabulair and your knowledge level about a topic you attack someone with, I would kindly advice you to do research about the topic and ofcource about general manners.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice evening!

1 Like

Keep calm guys

Treat all members, opinions and discussions with respect

Constructive criticism is welcome (not degrading)

https://forum.wavesplatform.com/guidelines

Please discuss in a respectful manner. No need for ad hominems and powertalk everywhere.

Inverse products are a helpful thing in capital markets to profit from certain market conditions. Obviously mr turtle is just blasting me with insults saying Im greedy when he has no idea what hes talking about. Look up short or bear ETFs mr turtle and then please do not post in this thread as you onl;y have insults and nothing constructive. NOw a short waves tokaen would be very helpful especially when waves lost 85% of its value in 2018

There is currently no way to short Waves (similar to most of cryptocurrencies except the top 20) thus it’s not possible to create something like an Inverse ETF on Waves assets.