Spam assets with a URL (http://...) in the name

Thank you.
:+1:

And thanks again.

Maybe we can put up a server with a REST service and a blacklist of URLs that is maintained. The explorer or wallet client calls hide the URL by default, and enable it only after callint the REST service and if the result is OK

EDIT: Sorry i saw now that wavesdesk did already this.

Why system lets an issuer to create a token with name that starts as http or www?

Why don’t we vote on increasing the fee for an asset creation from 1 WAVES to 10 WAVES?
I believe this would decrease spam assets a bit, I think that any legit project can afford to spend 30/50€ at (today’s rate) to create a token.

Yep, we are thinking about it. Maybe the voting will be in June.

Amazing, that would do it imho!

Why do we need voting?
We just need the nodes to make an agreement?
Also it might be nice when asset create fees go up to 10 waves the fees are split between 4-5 nodes, this meaning each node earns 2 waves and then it’s more equallu spread

I don’t think increasing prices is good action against spam. If you think, google mail doesn’t make sending emails expensive to prevent spam. They just filter it out from client’s inbox automatically. If we make it easy enough to filter out spam tokens by some trusted party or community it would be good solution.

This, token name should not contain a name.

i think we need to do both, since google is centralized they can do more to block spam than decentralized system can. if it is more expensive to build systems to block spam than it is for spammers to create new tokens then we will always be one step behind.

since the cost of sending is the same as sending an email, but getting a custom email domain is not free, we should not say creating a new token is the same as sensing a email. we can keep tx fees cost low, but asset creation is too low.a million spam tokens does not benifit the ecosystem. yes we can still be cheeper than neo and eth, but not so cheep as to flood the market with scam tokens

Uhm I think that the good thing about this platform is that every one can create their own currency and increasing prices could just kill good ideas and potential projects that are lacking funds.
This because spammers probably have the funds to create as many assets as they wants, having them always a return. That is my opinion. :pensive:

Filters are a good idea but the most important thing, imho, is to teach users how to use the platform and maybe add warning messages directly on the DEX.

How much shoud asset creation cost?

where can we report new scam assets not picked up by the filters?

such as : wnet(dot)ga

You can send a pull request and add them to the spam list https://github.com/wavesplatform/waves-community

Some assets are reported more times in the list. I suggest to use search to remove double reports.

And some are reported which arent scams which creates invoncience for fair projects…

This would be a big problem…

Is there anyone who checks the validity of the reports? :thinking:

if you create an asset and you see it goes to spam you can just contact support. But i support the idea of rather safe than sorry.

This is the only way to slow down spammer,
agree

Why not filter spam since the coin was created that the name cannot be used?
My Token became spam after distributing it for several days. It made me slow down projects