Hello Waves Community,
We’ve already posted here that we have been developing a browser extension. Finally, we can share the results with you!
We call it Waves Keeper, because it allows you to hold your WAVES keys securely while interacting safely with third-party web resources. This is a kind of Simple Authentication and SSO for dApps or Waves-enabled web applications, and enables you to sign transactions without entering your private key or password. Your seed is held securely within the extension and cannot be accessed by outside apps, keeping your funds safe from malicious sites.
Now I am excited to announce a Waves Keeper beta version for testing and feedback.
We are planning to release it on the Google Chrome Store next month.
- Download extension
- Use Chrome browser
- Activate developer mode in chrome://extensions/
- Drag and drop the downloaded file to chrome://extensions/ and confirm installation
- Done! You will see the extension in your browser panel
- Download the archive
- Unpack in any place convenient for you
- Go to chrome://extensions
- Turn on developer mode
- Click “Load unpacked”
- Specify the path to the folder where you unpacked the archive
UPD 2: Waves Keeper now available in Chrome Web Store
To test Waves Keeper use this demo page: https://chrome-ext.wvservices.com/
If you are building your own application, you can use this API to work with Waves Keeper.
Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey (there are just a few short questions) so we can continue to update and refine to the Waves Keeper. Thank you for your feedback!