WEP 4 (rev.1): Block Generation Reward

• Yes, I’m agree with inflation idea
  • No, I’d like to stay with 100 million waves amount

0 voters

2 Likes

Printing money out of thin air? Sounds like I should go back to fiat then …

5 Likes

I don’t like this proposal at all :worried:

5 Likes

Who is asking for that?

For me you are proposing to break fundamentals of the platform for no big reason.

The current MRT mechanic is centralized, but it really stimulates the decentralization of nodes, because only N first blocks are rewarded. And you’re offering a system worse than the current one.

If you can keep this mechanic which works on decentralization automatically by introducing some formulas or something, not a raw reward per block, it can be interesting. Currently not.

4 Likes

First of all, inflation is a no-go and will never be accepted by a big part of the community and it’s hilarious that you even propose this as a solution to the profitability issues.

The data you are using is quite outdated and was compiled before the activation of 1.0. Since Activation the collected fees are around 1000 Waves per day (which means the whole math in your example is off). Assuming 40 mm total Waves staked this would mean an average annual income of ~0.9%.

I want to mention that this whole proposal is a slippery slope, which I am not willing to go. Focus on adoption and spend the funds you collected during ICO. Stop trying to roll over the costs to Waves holders, because that’s exactly what this proposal does.

4 Likes

Totally against it, if there’s a way to increase the node income that should be by advertising the sh** out of the product and attract more users so to increase network traffic and therefore…the fees.

Adding more Waves is like putting a blindfold and postponing a problem well known since the beginning…

Advertise the platform, advertise it as much as you can, attract people, and you’ll see that the more people, the more fees we’ll get back and miners won’t complain

Just my 2c

5 Likes

True with the statement of @deepred !
Get more transactions and mass adoption , then miners will have more profit after-all :slight_smile:
Don’t upgrade the max amount of Waves !

1 Like

I’m very against adding inflation. If You want to support mining BUY an additional 2 or 4 million Waves from the open market at these prices and add them to the miner rewards!! We choose Waves for not having inflation. Dont make this shitshow even worse than it already is.

Adding inflation is stealingnfrom the community, you are as worse as Central banks.

Best

Johan

5 Likes

My idea was better than this :slight_smile: Waiting all this time and come with this basic idea to make network sustainable :slight_smile: Incentivisation With Inflatıon + Coin Burn [discussion]
Without having a definete incentivisation for miners, the network will never be sustainable and there will be only nodes who just run full node on VPS with low knowledge and expect everything from waves dev team. I am still positive about having inflation in network but also against such a huge about inflation rate. Inflation with low rate and burning fees can provide a good rate incentivisation and also less inflation for waves. The problem I see here is, in any case you have to disable leasing function. Why; 1- You as a waves team, leased too much to the top nodes. They will get much more from the mining, we will lose much more with inflation :slight_smile:
2- Miners will have a good rate of incentivisation no need to worry about getting lease, they can run their own node with their own investment.
3- No need to worry about security, there is smart account to secure their wallet
4- Centralization risk not less than PoS itself, with my opinion if we get less inflation rate the centralization will not be possible for a long time

First, accept disable leasing then let’s start to disscuss best solution. I will never support inflation for some top nodes who supported by waves team with huge amount of leasing.

Edit: thanks for banning me on telegram. Disscuss with ppl who only understand from getting free airdrops.
Edit: One more thing, altcoins losing against BTC but waves losing much more. The price doesn’t matter but waves at 50 rank on CMC. It is definetely bad. Clear the things for future. VST, MRT, mining revenue decentralization … focus on this. If you sold the Vostok project merge the tokens that airdropped to the waves holders with the fund you raised. About 50m VST airdropped for free only with 5-10m usd you can swap it. Don’t create more complex relations for future People invested for one Coin for whole network. If you used same cost rate for VST and Waves on Waves Enterprise chain, the VST holders will complain about it.

1 Like

nope, it was a mistake, you cant grow wıth fıxxed amount as you see sınce 3 years,

1 Like

finaly we have something to get attention from outside miners of crypto world, its good to see that team is listening us, the problem is they are listenign too late,

next step should be to add some btc to that blocks from the fund of waves to boost miners

Practice has shown that the main goal of miners is not return on capital.
Miners keep their nodes to support their projects, and the income from mining is an additional bonus.
If the task is to increase the investor’s demand for Waves, an inflation model is a questionable practice.

I agree that the existing mechanics with MRT proved to be effective. You can increase the income of miners by fixing the buyback price of MRT at a higher level.
This can even be done in the form of smart contrast, quite a decentralized.

2 Likes

Waves tx seem.to be rising and over 300k a day . No need for inflation … just more marketing and building

…All that it will generate is a reshuffling of the existent pool of real savings. It will enrich the early receivers of the new money at the expense of last receivers or no receivers at all. Obviously then, a loose monetary policy which is aimed at boosting consumers’ demand cannot boost real output by a multiple of the initial increase in consumer demand. Not only will easy money policy not lift production, but also on the contrary it will impoverish wealth generators in exactly the same way as the enforcer in our previous example.

You are crazy to create this proposal, it should never, ever have been created!!!

You don’t even know what you are missing for future. Let me explain what will happen with only %2 inflation per year(4 waves each block) also that rate will decrease every year:

• Sustainability
    Miners will have a definete incentive , that will attract ppl and joining more nodes to the network
    More waves will be locked for staking
    There is a paradox which Sasha mentioned on medium article, with 100m waves without inflation;
  • Paradox : Only way to have revenue for miners is more txs, but when there will be more txs / revenue, ppl will avoid spending waves and will put waves in Stake.
    This is the economy 101. It is nearly some issue with developing countries when they struggle with defining interest rate. which low rate good for spending for citizen and bad for attracting foreign investors.

For ppl who believe that a blockchain project can grove without sustainable incentive, they just leaving in utopia. Like who believe a feeless chain is good :slight_smile:

There are many things mentioned before. let them do best for waves. There is no way than this to make waves great again. :slight_smile: SC, Sidechain all this possible in other chains too. We need something to attract ppl and devs.

V Systems which is copying waves is have 3x marketcap more than waves. Guess why?

• add fee burn to avoid from high inflation rate (actually %2 is reasonable but ppl will like it with another deflationary factor)

Increasing supply is the worst possible idea. It doesn’t solve anything, the assumption that people will not dump it on the market is based on wishful thinking. If by any chance you will introduce that proposal the damage to the holders and supporters will be irreparable and it will lead to a complete lack of trust.
I fully support the idea of waves node support program that leases waves held by the waves team to small nodes. Mrt buyback is fine.
May I ask what is happening at the moment with waves that are generated as fees from DEX matcher? Maybe sharing it equally with generating nodes every 24h will be a good idea instead of increasing waves supply. I checked on http://dev.pywaves.org/txs/ and in general most everyday txs are from DEX. If these fees went to the miners there wouldn’t be any issue with the mining profitability in my opinion.

3 Likes

The honest truth!
I am in total agreement with you👍

Ребят, не очень разделяю это решение тк оно меняет экономическую подоснову ,а это всегда чревато неожиданными поворотами. Хотел бы поделиться мыслями относительно возможной альтернативы в рамках текущей эмиссии. Кроме всего прочего сам лизинг ,в нынешнем виде имеет очень низкую доходность и скорее компромитирует экономику токена waves, чем поддерживает её .

Проблемы :

1. Отсутствует мотивация для новых участников в сети и как следствие ,происходит падение цены нативного токена Waves.
  2. Плохие ноды саботируют голосование за новый функционал и как следствие, развитие сети.
  3. Мотивация новых участников происходит из вне сети,что делает её саморегуляцию крайне уязвимой.
  4. Лизинг и сольная добыча скорее убыточна нежели рентабельна несмотря на поддержку нод.
    Существует следующее предложение:
    Создать способ,как регулировать объемы waves на открытом рынке.
    Реализовать такую мотивационную модель для держателей нод : “Приобретать , и держать ,собственный стейк waves для получения уверенной возможности заиметь прибыли от сольной добычи .”

Возможное решение :

п1.
В моем понимании эффективность добычи внутрис сети ,сейчас можно посчитать так : Txd K(S+sl) = Nd
где Txd - общее колличество транзакций в сети \ день
K - правило распределения награды за блок = вероятность добычи блока(константа)
S - собственный стейк ноды
Sl - стейк полученный с лизинга
Nd - награда манера \ день
Как видно ,есть прямая зависимость эффективности добычи waves от количества транзакций в сети и объема генерирующего баланса. НО ЭТО только В РАМКАХ СЕТИ.
В глобальном понимании себестоимость добычи считается в $ так как оплата за железо и прибыль майнера в конечно счете считается в $.
Тогда,предполагаю, что формула доходности будет такая : (Txd K(S+sl))(X$\1W) = Nd(X$\1W)
Где X$\1W это X количество $ предлагаемых за 1 waves

п.2
В экосистеме Waves есть понятие - Генерирующий баланс.
Генерирующий баланс формируется из собственного стейка и стейка привлеченного путем лизинга.
Награда от добычи, рассчитывается от объема, именно Генерирующего баланса.
Награда за Генерирующий баланс на сегодняшний день ПОЛНОСТЬЮ остается у майнера и распределяется такой доход сугубо по его личному усмотрению не через консенсус.
То есть, так или иначе в рамках консенсуса, все что получено с ген.баланса остается у майнера. Это важно учесть.

п.3
Суть предложения такова:
При получении награды от Генерирующего баланса условно разделить её следующим образом:
1)Награда за свой стейк.
2)Награда за стейк полученный в лизинг .
Использовать выделенные доли следующим образом:
Награда за свой стейк - остается у ноды (профит ноды)
Долю от награды за стейк полученный в лизинг - предлагать отправить на накопительный смарт контракт - пул поддержки сети. Узлы совершающие такие отчисления,сами определяют долю и смогут получить поддержку от пула т прокачать свою добычу.
Смарт будет регулярно передавать и перераспределять установленные балансы в лизинг новым нодам по некому условию.(это может быть голосование нод, по принципу большинства).
некоторая доля от дохода полученого с лизинг-баланса у вновь запущенных нод направится в пул поддержки , **цикл повторится снова **.( Доход от собственного стейка и основная доля от балансов находящихся в лизинге остаются у майнера, а также появляется возможность голосовать за распределение средств в пуле.)

Результат:

п.4
Нода\ы получившая поддержку пула,с большей вероятностью добудет новые блоки.Это случится за счет увеличения Генерирующего баланса и её Собственный стейк будет работать более эффективно\продуктивно. По мере добавления новых нод рассчитывающих на поддержку пула и покупки ими волн с рынка, в результате растущего дефицита ,будет расти цена waves. Доход участников соответственно будет расти пропорционально росту цены. (см. п.1)
Увеличивать Собственный стейк waves и сохранять репутацию ноды (производя отчисления доли добычи в пул поддержки,исправно голосуя по вопросам сети),равно увеличивать профит от добычи и сохранять эффективность от Собственного стейка.
Возникает вопрос: Кто станет сдавать waves в лизинг (в пул поддержки) если все можно забирать себе
_Предполагается Ответ: Сами Майнеры. Они заинтересованы в этом !Так как от этого напрямую зависит размер пула их же коллективной поддержки и косвенно , уровень дефляции waves. Следовательно количество новых участников выкупающих waves на открытом рынке с целью запуска своей ноды ,будет расти. Как следствие появится репутационная этика среди нод, дефляция и органический рост цены Waves. (зависимость см в п1.)
Все останется как и раньше, лизинг и различные условия у нод по распределению добычи. Но появится дополнительный элемент в системе создающий дефицит монеты на рынке
Контроль над пулом можно осуществлять путем голосования его участников по принципу большинства. Доступ осуществлять по мультиподписи

Появляется сильный коллективный рычаг позволяющий регулировать ситуацию в экосистеме .

В результате рассуждения прихожу к следующему выводу:

если принять подобные меры то:

• Чем больше монет будет находится в таком пуле поддержки,тем выше будет цена waves на открытом рынке= выше конечный профит майнеров.
  • Уровень разумной демократизации в сети вырастет.
  • Появится мотивация для новых участников.
    оставить как есть :
  • Чем больше монет находится в свободном лизинге как сейчас,тем ниже будет цена waves и доходность и майнеров и так называемых лизеров.
  • Саботаж обновлений со стороны плохих нод сохранится и уровень разумной демократизации будет падать,что в конечном итоге приведет к полной монополизации сети.
  • Мотивация новых участников пропадет.

Описанное выше решение можно комбинировать с предложенными решениями монетарной политки Waves .
Но важно ограничить прямой выход этого доп. объема на открытый рынок.
Это может происходить через тех, кто начнет фиксировать полученную прибыль .
Т.к. доэмиссия не имеет никакого прямого дообеспечения ,это может плохо сказаться на стабильности цены waves в долгосрочной перспективе.
Тем не менее предполагается, что новые инструменты монетарной политики Waves все же
обеспечат необходимый уровень дефляции ,перекрывающий доэмисиию.

I hope the Waves team drops the idea to add a block reward. Those who have invested in Waves did so based on the supply being fixed. If this fundamental promise is broken, then anything can be changed and investors will lose faith in the project. Waves will definitely lose it’s investors. From the poll, it is clear that most users do not support this idea.

It would be better to find other ways to compensate the miners. Maybe the transaction fees can be increased; the DEX fees can be shared with miners, etc.

Also there should have been a community discussion around finding ways to compensate the miners rather than jumping to propose inflating the supply. This exposes how centralized Waves is. Every project starts out very centralized, but as it matures it must become more decentralized.

If the Waves team does not retract this proposal soon, I will definitely be leaving this community.

1 Like